Molly in Africa

Thursday, May 22, 2008

CROSO is incorporated and I'm going back to Africa!

Hi friends and family!

I should have posted some of this news sooner- CROSO (Child Restoration Outreach Support Organization) is the non-profit organization that I have started and we became officially incorporated in December, 2007!!! Please check out our website at www.CROSO.org. There you will find more information about the three (soon to be four) students we are sponsoring to attend college in Uganda. For more information about how to get involved, please email us at CROSO9@gmail.com.

I've been encouraged by several of you to keep my blog going since I will be returning to Africa, so I will! I have signed a contract to participate in the Marianist Volunteer Program for the next TWO YEARS, starting at the end of the summer. I will be working as a social worker in Karonga, Malawi (southeastern Africa). More specifically, I will be working with the Women's Empowerment Program there- helping facilitate their microcredit program. I'm really excited about the Women's Empowerment Program and am looking forward to this new adventure!

I will be in the Chicago-area all summer, working as a camp counselor. The best way to reach me will be by email- mhoganh@gmail.com. Thanks for your support and I hope to see many of you before I leave at the end of the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home